Luxury Adventure – 12 Days
- Trip Style: Ultra Luxury Adventure, Fully Private Tours
- Duration: 12 days and 11 Nights
- Departures: Daily
- Flights: Not Included, Bookable by yourself or by View Peru
- 2014 to 2017 Winner of Certificate of Excellence of Trip Advisor
- Highlights: The Colonial Lima city with a local Guide, Sacred Valley of Cusco, Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Cusco city tour and Saqsaywaman Fortress with Picnic Lunch, Romantic Rooms and Dinners, Also we include the visit to the world famous Lake Titicaca, ending the journey at the relaxing Mancora Beach.
- Customize This Journey | If you would like to customize this itinerary and create a Tailor Made Journey just for you and your companions, click here to inquire, or speak to your travel professional.
Day by Day Itinerary
DAY 1: ARRIVAL LIMA
Arrival Lima at any time, you will be welcomed by your friendly speaking guide. Transfer to your hotel, the rest of the day is yours to explore, Lima is a magic city.
DAY 2: CITY TOUR LIMA B, D
This fantastic day you will visit the Main Square, the Cathedral, built in 1538. Then we will visit a fantastic museum where you find Pre Columbian artifacts, then visit Huaca Pucllana archaeological site.
In the night you will enjoy this magic moment with your couple, you will be transported to one of the best restaurants of the city, for a romantic dinner.
DAY 3: LIMA – CUSCO, B
Guest should fly into Cusco; you will be welcomed by your friendly speaking guide.
Transfer to your lovely hotel in Cusco, this city with a lot of history and customs, arriving early you will enjoy the relaxing place, or simply drink a Coca tea around the center historic.
the rest of the day is for you, to relax and to enjoy your hotel, also you can do different activities around your hotel.
DAY 4: NEARBY RUINS TOUR BY HORSE, B
This day you will enjoy a tour with horses, we will pick you up from your hotel, then we will go to our ranch, a special horse is going to wait for you to begin the tour.
You will see beautiful landscapes, amazing archaeological sites such as Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puka Pukara, and Tambomachay, all this tour you will be transported by a well-groomed Peruvian Horse.
DAY 5: CUSCO – KM 82 – WAYLLABAMBA, B, L, D
You will be picked up at your hotel, after you enjoy a delicious breakfast, at 5:30am and brought by private transport to the town of Ollantaytambo – an ancient town in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Here we will take a short break for you to get any snacks or last minute supplies before embarking on the trek. From Ollantaytambo you will be transported to Km 82 – the official beginning of the Inca Trail. Here you will meet your guides and porters who will make this journey incredibly special. Once you cross the Urubamba River (2,200m), you will have officially started your trek on the ancient steps of the Incas. The path today is very easy and is a great warm up for the challenging days to follow. Around lunch time we will arrive in Miskay where you will dine in luxury on the small river bank. Your guides will tell you about the nearby ruins of Llactapata that you will have time to visit. From lunch the trail heads towards Wayllabamba (3,100m) then climb up to Yuncachimpa (3,300m) where you will find tonight’s luxury campsite. Here you will enjoy a buffet dinner prepared by some of the best chefs on the trail. Along with your meal, you will have champagne and wine to help you relax. After dinner enjoys a relaxing massage after a cleaning yourself off with the only hot showers on the trial. Tonight you will relax in your comfortable tent amongst the tranquil mountain surroundings.
DAY 6: YUNCACHIMPA – PACAYMAYU, B, L, D
Day two of the Inca Trail is accepted as the most difficult because you have to tackle Warmihuañusca (Dead Woman’s Pass). In the morning you will enjoy a hot cup of tea and a hearty breakfast before starting the hike. This leg of the trail is free hiking, meaning you should walk at your own pace that is comfortable for you – of course we will meet up for lunch and at the most challenging parts of the trial to rest. Early in the morning the trail goes through the Llullachapampa Valley (3,850m) where you will enjoy the beautiful cloud forest. After the valley you will begin the ascent, the first 3km of the 6km trail are extremely steep but you will be walking through gorgeous thick woodlands and enjoy the complete isolation of this magical area. After following the path uphill for another two or three hours you will finally come to the peak of Warmihuañusca (4,200m). We will take time to rest and to appreciate this incredible moment. From here we take the steep path down to the Pacaymayu River (Sunrise River) where you will walk towards the Runkurakay Pass (3,050m) where you will get to see more ruins. Late in the afternoon you will reach Chaquicocha (3,650m ) where you campsite is located. Relax in your luxury tent and enjoy a gourmet dinner served with champagne and wine. Again tonight you will camp in luxury being treated to massages and hot showers.
DAY 7: CHAQUICOCHA – PHUYUPATAMARCA, B, L, D
Today is known as the most beautiful day of the trek as you will see a quick change in the environment to the thick tropical forest of Wiñayhuayna. You will come to the second pass at 3,950m where you will encounter mountain lakes. After the pass is an easy walk through the forest then an Incan tunnel before reaching the third pass that will give you sweeping views of the Urubamba River Valley. You will pass the ancient site of Phuyupatamarca (The Town Above the Clouds, 3,600m) where you will see Inca baths that really show you their genius engineering. From the baths, you will continue through another Inca tunnel towards the famous Wiñaywayna ruins (Forever Young, 2,650m). After these incredible ruins, you will follow an Inca staircase up to a zig-zagging trail to a red-roofed building that will be the last campsite. Tonight you have to option of taking hot showers (s/5) and bottled drinks are for sale. Enjoy your last night in the wilderness with your gourmet dinner, champagne, wine, and tents as well as your nightly massage and hot shower.
Day 8: PHUYUPATAMARCA – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO, B, L
Today you will wake up very early to witness the amazing sunrise over Machu Picchu. You will have your last breakfast on the trail at 4:30 am then we will hike towards the Inti Punku (Sun Gate). Once you sit and appreciate the beautiful sunrise over the lost city of the Incas, you follow the trail on your final descent to Machu Picchu (2,400m).
You will arrive at the ruins at about 8:00am (depending of yout starting time) where you will have a full private tour of the amazing Lost City of the Incas that will last around two hours. When the tour is over you will have time to explore the ruins on your own before returning down to Aguas Calientes.
Lunch Included at the Sanctuary Lodge Hotel
After the tour, you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes to catch the Vistadome Train back to Cusco. Onboard you will receive snacks and entertainment.
Upon arrival back in Cusco, you will be picked up at the train station and transferred back to your hotel for the night.
DAY 9: CUSCO, B, L
Day at leisure in Cusco, you have many options to relax and explore the city on your own.
DAY 10: CUSCO – TAMBOPATA JUNGLE, B, L, D
You will be transported to the airport for a short national flight to the Amazonian town of Puerto Maldonado, here you will be transferred to the river port, we will take a long boat ride through the scenic Madre de Dios River, to your choice. The rest of the day is yours, to discover this fantastic Peruvian jungle.
DAY 11: ACTIVITIES IN THE JUNGLE, B, L, D
After a restful night sleep, listening to the comforting sounds of the jungle. You will taste a delicious breakfast with local ingredients, then you will introduce in different activities that will leave you smiling, such as canopy tour, a hiking through the botanical reserve, visiting a local community, see wildlife and more!
DAY 12: PUERTO MALDONADO – LIMA, B
You can enjoy another amazing activity in the morning or enjoy a calm morning in the beautiful environment, then you will be transported to the airport, for your flight to Lima.
Please note, at all times through your all-inclusive tour, your View Peru Representatives are here at your service, if there is anything you need, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
End of our services
We design each itinerary around you, so this suggested itinerary is a starting point that we can tweak or transform into something completely bespoke to you. email us to firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your honeymoon tour. or fill out the contact form below.
Included / Not Included
Our Price Includes
- 8 nights in romantic accommodations of your choice, including local taxes, breakfast, and private bathrooms
- 3 nights at luxury camping.
- Superior romantic Rooms
- Romantic Amenities.
- All indicated transfers in private service
- English-speaking guides for guided activities
- Meals indicated as per Itinerary: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner at First Class restaurants and locations
- All entrance fees
- VistaDome train tickets to Cusco.
- Massage Session during 3 nights on the Inca trail.
- Hot Shower during the Inca trail
- Bath and hand Towels per person
- Air bed for camping
- Sleeping bags
- Walking sticks
- Duffle bags
- All Inca Trail entrance fees and permits
- Private porter during the trail for your personal staff.
- Fully Trained porters hailing from local communities.
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Deluxe Inca Trail from start to finish.
- Modern trekking and camping equipment.
- Meals indicated: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, snacks
- All meals cooked on the spot with fresh ingredients by our trained chef.
- English-speaking guides with knowledge of archeological sites along the Inca Trail.
- All transfers and excursions as per itinerary in private service with English speaking guide
- Gourmet Meals during the Trek, Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit and spaghetti, chicken, fish, meat, rice, and all rich in carbohydrates and very suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leafs tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Porters to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock).
- Oxygen bottle and first-aid kits
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu ruins to Aguas Calientes
- Wine, Pisco, beer, water.
- Hotel crockery.
OUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee to Huaynapicchu mountain (subject to availability)
- Additional expenses, for example, laundry, snacks.
- Meals not noted
- Travel Insurance.